Mountain Biking and Cycle Touring
Mountain biking or road cycling is one of the most fun sports activities for exploring the Sierra de Guara and its surroundings while enjoying contact with nature. If you like pedalling, get on your bike and discover charming places in wild surroundings such as those of the Sierra de Guara and other softer ones such as those in the south of Somontano. Discover new corners with plenty of charm in Guara.
Enjoy the trails and tracks of Guara by bike, on your own, with friends or family.
There are several signposted mountain bike trails throughout Guara and Somontano. These include routes with different levels of difficulty which depend on the total elevation and length of the route. All are circular and can be biked in either direction. Many of them are connected to each other, thus allowing long distances to be covered.
After years of restoring the paths and tracks throughout the Sierra de Guara, a strong network has been created with many attractive features.
Among the websites that offer routes to find areas suitable for mountain biking or cycle touring in general in Guara, we can highlight BGuara.
is a great cycle-tourism space in the heart of the Sierra de Guara with 29 routes to discover the most inaccessible corners of this region: 14 enduro routes, 8 rally routes, 2 family routes, 1 challenge route, 1 XC circuit and 3 road routes.
Due to the increase in the number of mountain and road cyclists in recent years, improvements have been made in terms of signposting and documentation in order to facilitate free exploration of the area.
Routes near the Hostería de Guara:
- Peonera tour: This is a rally type route, of high technical difficulty and recommended for amateurs with a good technical level. It runs in a circular route between Bierge and Las Almunias. On this route you will enjoy witnessing the Peonera ravine, one of the most emblematic in the Sierra.
- Route to the Sierra Foothills: This route is a rally type one, of medium technical difficulty and circular path between Adahuesca and Radiquero, which can be extended to San Pelegrín or to the Treviño Hermitage.
- Rock Cathedrals Route, Mascún Canyon: This enduro trail of high technical and physical difficulty is a circular route between Rodellar and Bara where you can enjoy the incredible karstic landscape of the Mascún canyon.
- Guara tour: A road route of very high technical and physical difficulty, with a distance of 200 kilometres and an accumulated height of more than 3000 metres.
- Campos de Bierge route: Starting and finishing in Bierge, this is a circular route of about 18km of medium difficulty.
- Puerta de Guara route: Circular route from Alberuela to Radiquero, San Pelegrin and back to Alberuela, with high technical difficulty and beautiful panoramic views.
- Guarabike: It is a tour that shows a large part of the natural park.
If you prefer a guide to show you a specific itinerary, there are several companies that provide this kind of service.
There are also competitions in Guara around the world of mountain biking, such as the Guara Tour Extreme or the Enduro Word Series.